Re: [RC] [Guest] Adios/Metabolic failures@ PAC - Sundaez

In a message dated 9/28/2003 5:14:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jlong@xxxxxxxx writes:
Because it would have been easy for someone seeing him with the IV in
his neck to say "Oh, that poor, overridden horse, he must be at
death's door!"
Call me idiotic, ignorant, naive, newbie...whatever you like, but any sport that requires an IV at the end to "feel better" seems a bit extreme to me.

Maybe I need to stick to trail riding?

I think some of you hard core folk have forgotten how shocking this could appear...and SHOULD appear...to some of newer folk.

Really...is there any other sport that does this?? Am I just being super sheltered?

Melanie