Re: [RC] looking for recommendations on riding vacation - Karla Watson

I'd buy him a big, sweet horse of his own. Let him pick it out (after you give it a thumbs up) and make sure he knows its "his" horse. Make sure it has a macho name. Tell him you need him to help you condition/train your horse and that the miles get lonely. Tell him you feel safer with him out there with you. Resist the urge to constantly tell him what he is doing wrong. Tell him all the things he is doing right. Let him buy horse treats and feed his own horse. Buy him easy tack to deal with and the most comfortable saddle you can find for him and his horse. And if this doesn't work....make sure you bought something you can resell easily!

I just bought a spotted horse for my family. (They wanted a spotted horse REALLY bad.) It was supposed to be for my twin girls but my husband thinks its HIS horse. It is not the horse I would buy for myself at all but just perfect for him. He is big and spotted and sweet and they seem to have a magic thing going already. Fortunately its a foundation appy that is built for miles so he can go ride for hours with me. When I take him riding he does everything. I don't touch his horse and its great.

Karla Watson
Oregon