[RC] Looking for Help in Reno, NV - Aaron & Crysta Turnage

Although I haven't had the chance to actually RIDE a ride yet (I did
voluteer for the 2001 VC 100 and will be at several more this year), I am
TOTALLY hooked on the sport of endurance.  I had my mare conditioned and
ready to go for the High Sierra Classic in Bridgeport in 2001 but tragically
she stepped on a nail the morning before the ride.  After 8 months and
$2,500 in surgery and after-care expenses, she was declared permanently
"lame" by a local vet and I sold her to someone who wanted to do light
weekend rides 1 or 2 times a month.

But I digress, I am looking for help because I am planning on getting a
horse again sometime around the end of March.  I am looking for some locals
who can recommend places to board (would prefer S. Reno by my work or
Spanish Springs by my home), where I can go to get some dressage lessons for
myself and my new horse, and someone who would accomodate a
novice-to-endurance but experienced horseperson for training rides and such.
I have a trailer and would be willing to go from Lemmon Valley, to Spanish
Springs (where I live), to Washoe to meet with some riding buddies.  I'm
used to conditioning by myself, but it's nice to have company on occassion.
Also, any good leads on horses in the less than $2,000 range?  Green broke
is fine.  No endurance history is fine.  I'm just looking for a nice, well
built horse that is at least started under saddle that I can bring up
slowly.  I'm only looking at horses within about 100 miles of Reno, so if
you have an awesome prospect in WA, sorry but I'm just not interested right
now.  =)

Thanks in advance!  You can email me privately at AJandCrysta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
so it doesn't clutter the list.

Crysta Turnage