Re: [RC] question regarding sick horses - JUDYK89

My ranch in the San Diego area is being hit by a flu.  So far 4 horses have contracted it, with mild to severe fevers and colic type behavior.  It takes about 3 to 4 days to run it's course.  Hoping my mare doesn't come down with it, she's right beside the last horse to have it.  As far as I know, no one has done blood panels, the vets seem sure it is a flu.  Treatment has consisted of Banamine, Bute, and oiling, with the horses recovering just fine.

Judy