Re: [RC] Pleasure? Endurance? - Heidi Smith

>So ride your horse -- but don't constantly train your horse.  Let the horse be a horse.  Because if the horse is 'trained' back at the barn -- he can be a horse you'll enjoy riding and just be 'one' with.

I would submit that even going out for pure enjoyment is a form of "training"--it is "training" the horse to function independently with what you've already taught him.....  Some horses never do learn to simply enjoy going out with a rider, sad to say.

Heidi