Re: [RC] Neoprene Girth - Ed and Wendy Hauser

I have had the opposite experience.  I had problems with mohair, switched to fleese which was better, and changed to neoprene when it bacame available.  I have had no problem with girth sores since (except for a professionals choice that had a foam rubber lining ).

Could the girth or chincha be to tight?  I have noticed that as my miles have increased I have used looser girths.  I now use elastic dressage girths and only tighten them enough to start the elastic stretching, one buckle hole more than contact.  We have had a mare out for training, and noticed that the trainer seemed to tighten the chincha very tight.  She came back "chinchy" and it took a couple of months for her to settle down.  Watching the trainer saddle horses reminded me of my "cowboy" days.  By gum that saddle is not going to slip!!  I'll get it tight enough for sure!

Ed

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th Street
Hudson, WI 54016