Re: [RC] Ariat Terrain Boots - Barbara McCrary

I bought a pair and find them very comfortable.  They do run large.....I bought a half-size shorter than I normally wear and they are still slightly wide (I have med-narrow feet).  I just wear two pairs of socks, a liner sock and a heavier pair.  I still prefer my Ariat Performers for riding, but the Terrains are so comfortable that I use them for ranch wear.  Because of the "too-wide" fit, they are not the best for serious hiking, as my foot tends to slide sideways inside of them.  Also, the leather is not heavy enough for great foot support while hiking or climbing.  But they are super comfy and light weight for general ranch wear.  I'm sure someone with wider feet than mine would find them great for riding.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 11:10 AM
Subject: [RC] Ariat Terrain Boots

Has anybody purchased and tried the new Ariat Terrain Boots? I went to the saddle shop yesterday, and there they were the minute I walked into the store, the display stacked provocatively  directly in the customer's path. I gave them a sideways glance as I went to search for the perfect and inexpensive saddle of my dreams. But those boots were calling to me, and I had to try some on. Drat they run large, and didn't have my size. They sure look nice, and were comfy even when they didn't fit right. I put my name of the list for the next shipment. Do I need another pair of $80 boots? hmmm, all my running shoes are completely worn down, its disgusting. They are even getting past the point of being stall cleaning shoes.

Beth ( hasn't found the perfect saddle yet, but may have found the perfect chiropractor)

Compare Cable, DSL or Satellite plans: As low as $29.95. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=