Re: [RC] classified buyer scam? - Bette Lamore

Funny you should bring this up at this time. This supposed foreigner has been e-mailing me about sending him Halynov's frozen semen and has so far not responded to my requests for a name, address, phone number so that I could draw up a contract. It sounded fishy from the get-go, but then I have had requests from out of the country before so I do not want to burn my bridges in case it is legitimate (which I very much doubt at this point). Of course, I would not under any circumstance ship semen without the CASH (check cleared) FIRST. You can read our emails back and forth below to see how these guys operate.
Bette

E-mails (most recent first-- note the urgency in each of his)

I am not sending anything without your full name and address and phone number first. Sorry, but there are too many frauds around.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Bette

ma do wrote:
Bette Lamore,
Thanks for your mail, all i need from you now is that once the check clears the bank you will have your own diduct while the balance been send to me so that i can pay up my shipper mobilizatiom fee without paying my shipper they will not be able to come foe the pick up,so if you are trully satisfy with kindly let me know the name in which i will forward my client to writ out the check and tyhe address you want it sent to.
Thank i await your urgent response asap.
JOSH..

<woa@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My address is right on my web site; I presume that is where you found the information about our stallion. Our name is Whispering Oaks Arabians and my web site is below your reply. I still need your full name and address so that I can send the contract.
Sincerely
Bette Lamore

Bette Lamore,
Thanks for your mail,i expect that you have understand my last mail that a client of my will be sending the check of $7,000 and you will have to send me my balance so that i can be able to pay my shipper so havensaid this i hope you would have understand now.so if this is okay by you kindly send me the name in which you want the check to bear and the address send to,also your phone number.
thanks,
josh.

<woa@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
.... Again, I need your address if you would like me to send you Halynov's video and whether you need it in NTSC or PAL format.
Bette

ma do wrote:
Lamore,
I am still very much interested in the semen, as a
regard for the shipping i have able to contact a shipping agent who will come to your location for the pick up and here is the email address of my shippingagent jossyshippingagent@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jossyshippingagent@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ,so about the payment which is $3000 and willing to offer you that amount but due to some issue i am out of cash right now so that's why i decided to pass your data to my client in US who is owing some amount worth $7,000 which i will instruct him to send you the check in that amount he is owing me,i know the amount is more than the amount of the semen, cos a check sent here takes 30 days to clear while send from U S clears within 3-4 days so i am willing to trust you with the excess fund with you,So i want you to have it in mind that as soon as the check clears you've have your own deduct while the balance send to me via western union money transfer,mail me if the terms is been ! acceptable to you asap.if that is ok and, also send down your name and addres which you would receive the payment waiting for your fruithful response. thanks and
regards,
josh.

<woa@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Because Halynov passed over and there is a very limited supply of semen available..... however, that my ability to ship to certain countries is dependent upon their requirements....
I would need your address.
Looking forward to hearing from you again,
Bette

ma do wrote:
Bette Lamore,
thanks for the mail,well i will be intrested in buying the semen and i will want you to give me the last offer, pics and the present condition of the semen..
thanks,
josh..

<woa@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Josh
Which horse are you interested in purchasing? TLA Halynov was never for sale--- only his semen --- as he was and is (through frozen semen) standing at stud. I have his son Riverdance whom I am also standing. I have a daughter of his for sale and a few other horses. What are you looking for?
Bette

ma do wrote:

Hello,

i saw your advert via internet and i am interested in buying your horse.i am bussiness man who help client in buying horse all over the world,i do help my clients to do their shipping, and my mode of payment will be a certified cachier check drawn in america bank,i am very honest man if things do work out between us you will be among my numerous friends both home and away i will like to know your last offer,also i will want you to send me picture and the last offer I will be glad if thing goes well.I will be expecting your favourable response. thanks

josh.

Elite wrote:

I remember someone mentioning that we should beware of people trying to buy items we have listed in the classifieds. Something about foriegn checks and a scam (maybe I have this all wrong). Anyway... am trying to figure out if someone contacting me is actually interested or if this is the "scam" you were talking about. Would someone please email me privately and tell me what to look for?
Thank You...
Linda
Elite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Elite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)