Re: [RC] Isabel - Lydia Cassilly

May she pass you by, Steel Side Down!
Those who serve don't get the luxury of caring for their own in these cases. No friends who could run inland with your horses? If you HAVE to stay in a flood prone area, stockpile water! Post event supplies may be contaminated. For a very long time. Lots of folk keep hazardous materials in their sheds, garages, property---who knows what will be in your ponds and ditches when the storm waters recede? Place your feed as high as you can in as many contractor grade garbage bags as you can. Contact any neighbors who may try to ride it out and ask for their help in monitoring your critters' situation. You can help each other by making signs now with on one side and NEED HELP or NEED VET on the other. Post them at the entrance to your property after the storm to save time and rescue effort.
The most common injuries seen after Andrew were lacerations, impaling, eye injuries, and puncture wounds in feet from all the debris. Prepare your vet/first aid kit accordingly. Save some old bed sheets for bandaging large wounds.