Re: [RC] [RC] Tacky tack pad under a Skito - Merryben

In a message dated 9/11/2003 9:47:31 PM Central Daylight Time, ladurgin@xxxxxxx writes:

1)I put ties on all pads so they won't slip off of saddle
2) I use a breatplate
3) I use a crupper
4) I usually use something to mount from.
5) Check girth right before mounting
6) I place left hand on neck/mane, right hand on other side of saddle so I
don't 'pull myself up" as a lot of beginners do
7) You could have someone hold the off side stirrup and put weight in it
like most english riders do .

I agree with all of the above and you might look at this:
http://www.hotstuff4horses.com/saddle_stabilizer.htm