[RC] Entry forms available for Allegany "Shut Up and Ride" (WNY) - RISTREE

Shameless plug here, folks.

On October 18th, we're holding what we hope is the first annual Allegany Shut Up and Ride at Allegany State Park in Salamanca, NY (about an hour or so south of Buffalo).

There's a 25 LD and a 50 Endurance, and the ride is AERC and ECTRA sanctioned.

The trail here is challenging and varied, lots of long climbs and descents and a few steep ones, some gravel road, lots of single track wooded trail, and plenty of open jeep road for moving out.  We anticipate the foliage will be lovely too.

Allegany State Park has plenty to do.  If you're interested in arriving early or staying late, drop a line for information about cabin rentals.

We're planning some unique awards for the ride, to include a "To Finish Is To Win" award -- a random drawing of the 50 mile finishers, with the prize being the same as that won by the horse/rider finishing first!  Also, in lieu of Top Ten or BC in the LD ride, we're planning on a "Looking Good" award at the vets' discretion for any horse looking like a million bucks despite their completion time.

There will be a campfire following the Awards Ceremony on Saturday night, so hope that many will be able to stick around to visit and swap stories.  Due to the primitive camping, and lack of kitchen facilities, this is a "no frills" ride with regard to meals, so please pack extra baloney sandwiches and granola bars.  :-)

Due to the Permit from the Park, we are limited on the number of riders/rigs we can accept, so please send in your entries early.

For entry forms and more information, please drop an email to:  AlleganySUAR@xxxxxxx

--Patti Stedman, Ride Manager