[RC] Here in Washington for PAC part 2 -

What a beautiful day today!!  Cia, Wave and Music and I rode about 25 miles on
the marked trails out of the horse camp, but got turned around several times -
when we passed the biggest ponderosa pine in the world (so the sign says) for
the third time, we laughed so hard we almost fell off our horses!  We took
pictures at the pine and on the trail with Mt. Adams in the background - I'll
see if I can post them somewhere.

We finally made it home to our rented field and the boys had a good afternoon
nap.  The weather was hot - about 90 or so, but the humidity is very low - not
what we are used to on the east coast!

There are a few riders here - we saw two from Canada East, and heard of a
couple others - all are holed up on private farms waiting to move up to the
horse camp on the 8th.

The trails are great footing but dusty - we came home covered in fine dust and
there were only two of us - I can't imagine a whole line of horses trotting
along...

I saw a coyote today on the trail and much sign of elk.  We hear coyotes every
morning and evening.  I kind of like them when I am sure they are not eating my
cats (who are safe in NY, BTW!!!)

Tomorrow we are giving the horses off and going to town to get feed and do the
laundry - we have to go at least 25 miles to White Salmon for the laundry.
Trout Lake is a little bitty town with a small grocery , a gas station and of
course an expresso shop---I run into town each morning for coffee - about two
miles.  I think I am adjusting to the altitude now and can jog most of the way
without getting a headache!!

Regards -

Laura Hayes  AERC#2741