Re: [RC] Truck Ins and Over weight - Roger Rittenhouse

TADA  Truman  that is correct from what I have learned. The RIVA
certification is the key.

Trl mfgrs like Sundowner know this , thus they build them per a code and
they are certified a legal RV  EVEN though they pull horses.
Therefore IF your trail has a commercially installed  LQ section along with
the plate and stickers on the side of the trailer - normally at the
entrance to the LQ that says RIVA... it is an RV, certified.
You should be able to get the RV trailer tags and of course the RV
insurance which would be more expensive since they cover all that hi cost
RV section. The advantage of this is you get away from the 'commercial'
issue.

For all of US  ( metoo) that have DIY and older LQ sections with NO RIVA
plate - we are a horsetrailer and NOT an LQ. Therefore I may have a problem
getting mine tagged as an RV.

Also note my prev post about DOT and other gov agents who MAY and can issue
a ticket and fine for a DIY LQ conversion. Many campground will NOT allow
DIY rig to camp - libility issue.

Maybe this RIVA thing is one reason why the big mfrs of LQ HT are so
costly?