[RC] calm & cool/Calming agents...... - Stacy Jones

I would just like to explain myself a little better to all the people who got their panties in a bunch. I have been riding endurance rides for 30 years. I have been there done that. I have retired my endurance horse's and now am riding a youngster. My older (old faithfuls) were older horses when I started endurance. I HAVE trained my youngster. She has been in group situations, trail situations, but not "hard core, gun ho, every person for themselves" situations. I am not allowed to go to an endurance ride and be a drag rider without having to pay the fee. So there in-lies my problem, cant take the edge off because I paid the fee for the sanctioned ride, or take the edge off and ride the ride. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. This will be HER first endurance ride. Yes I know I can be in the very last, that was my plan from the get go, but at the same time, she will be at the trailer watching, smelling, and taking in all the action and hyperness. I know the excitement will get her going as it does with almost all horses. I don't want her to be so wound up that she loses her brain all together. I asked the question to see if there was something I could give her to take the edge off, so she will still listen. I am concerned with the safety of everyone involved. How am I supposed to know if this is the "sport" for her, and train her for endurance, if I never bring her to one???? I have a 23 year old mare that only gets excited about food, could careless about anything and everything, but you bring her on an endurance ride and she will jig the first 2 hours non stop!!!!! So to all the rude people out there, if you see us on a ride, you'll know it's us, we'll be the ones putting on a rodeo, causing you problems, because my horse is hyper as hell and doesn't't know how to cope because she's never done this! And god forbid should I try to take precautions to prevent this from happening!! EVERY HORSE HAS TO START SOMEWHERE!!!!! I am just trying to prevent a problem, instead of being one, like some of the riders do! (that last statement is not intended to anyone who is nice) I know the nice people out way the rude, but the rude can make such as*es of themselves they tend to stick in everyone's minds. They cause nice people problems and don't give a rat's a*s. That's it, I am done. I will do what I feel is best for myself, my horse, and all the nice people that will be at the ride I choose to go on. Thank you to all that have helped! And piss off to the others!!!
Stacy, nice person concerned about others around her!

Do you Yahoo!?