Re: [RC] Overridden and Fit to Continue - sharp penny

..and I disagree. I feel the vet and rider should be able
to talk in order to best assess the horse and do what is in
the horses best interest. The vet dosn't know what is
normal for your horse, or dosn't know how the horse acted
on the trail before the VC. A rider can help shed light on
issues, that in turn, helps the vet in his/her assesment. I
for one am very thankful the vet listens to me and weighs
what I say with how my horse looks, or Reno and I would
never get past the first loop in a ride. In every ride Reno
has done he has a pattern. After the first loop he ALWAYS
has C gut sounds but then he comes back the next VC with B
to B+ gut sounds and stays that way or occasionally goes
back up to A for the rest of the ride. The vets don't know
me or my horse so they listen to what I have to say and
allow me to continue because all of his other parameters
are A's, he's alert, bright eyed, is eating and drinking
and they can tell I'm not a hot foot, as seen by the amount
of time it took me to do that loop....lol
I would venture to say 98% of the riders will error on the
side of caution and those that don't are not hard to spot.
I suspect when there are alot of "red flags", then the vet
has the right and most likely will, take what the rider has
to say with a grain of salt.

Regards,
Penny

--- Howard Bramhall <howard9732@xxxxxxx> wrote:
 No
talking with the vets, no personal interaction.  And,
quite frankly, it's the way it should be........
 Your
comments, your opinions should have nothing to do with
his decision.  NOTHING!

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com