Re: [RC] Re:Protests - Ibiteraaarr

I would LOVE to see something locally, but no one is going to invest the time, money or resources to start up an organization in south Louisiana for newbies like me because there is little or no interest for it here.  I emailed 3 of the people listed as riders in Louisiana from Endurance.net. Only one of them ever replied and he no longer does endurance. I'm not belly-aching, but I think it goes to show that I don't forsee AERC stretching themselves further to develope educational organizations for folks like me who have a very minimal to work from. ALL of my training suggestions, ideas, etc have come from Ridecamp. I have nothing else. The majority of barns and stables in this area are hunter/jumper, and the two tack stores are geared for that discipline and not much else. The closest ride is a minimum 6 hours away and that's just to get to Texas. I think you're right. I would really like to see more local clinics and what not but it's not going to happen, at least not where I live, and newbies like myself who are trying to get a foot in the door are the ones who could benefit most from it. If you have any ideas, suggestions, I'm all ears.

Regards,
Liz