[RC] re: RC protests-Laura Hayes - oddfarm

I can tell you that knowing what I know now, if this happened at a ride I
was at, I would be very tempted to call a law officer and have the person
charged with cruelty to animals......

Anyone think of that?

Laura Hayes  AERC#2741

I think that is the smartest think I have ever read on RC. Having to possibly go to court, have a lien placed on your house for fines and spending money on a lawyer can be a much better education than a slap on the wrist from some organization. Don't be tempted, just do it.

The one horse we took in for the SPCA that had to be put down was left in a backyard, starved with bedsores, foundered with severe rotation and had white line disease. The horse was only 4 years old.The owner said he had no idea the horse was sick, even though the horse couldn't stand. But he did have a lawyer on the phone the minute we pulled up. He was charged with animal cruelty and fined $2000 in court costs and for the cost of surgery to try and save the horse. He had a lien put on his house and then was evicted. He lost his job and then spent a few days in jail for some other unrelated charges. Awww. Too bad. Yes, he did pay the $2000, part of which went back to the SPCA.

I'll bet he's educated now.

Lisa Salas, The Odd farm