[RC] whackos everywhere - oddfarm

I am appalled at all the replies condoning beating, whacking and hitting a horse on the head. What is wrong with me that I can't see the human compassion in that? Or the intelligence of the theory that beating is ok because it is a horse? Because it is big and dangerous? So is your truck, and if you can't drive, stay out of it.
If a horse hits his own head, that is out of my control. But to pick up a bat, (plastic or not) or a curtain rod or something to cause great pain and fear and hit an animal with it, well that is out of my realm of belief. What am I missing?

I am not a "horse whisperer", nor can I declare I have never lost my patience with my animals or kids. But to purposely whip or beat an animal because somebody,  (maybe me) screwed up somewhere and now we have a problem? Just isn't in me. Why don't we just beat them senseless the day they are born and avoid all that rearing and nonsense all together?

I am extremely disappointed. What an angry world this is. Even in my little horse world. So, so disappointed. {:-(

All I can say is, Peace be with you all. May your horses never act like... a horse.
Lisa Salas, The very saddened Odd farm