[RC] Old gelding - Angela and Ron Lewis

Again I come to endurance net with my strange horse problems and this is going to be a very strange posting. Hope I don't offend anyone.  I took in a very old arab gelding that is VERY thin, he is supposed to be 27 yrs and looks it.  He is very kind, sweet and is eating great at this time.  My question is has anyone ever had a gelding that when he drops himself the inner part of his penis protrudes out and doesn't go back in.  He is urinating fine his poop is normal but I have never seen this in a gelding.  His sheath is swollen a little and I hosed it out but he was not happy with it so I didn't push the issue as I don't know this old guy yet.  Please if anyone has ever seen this or has experience with this please email me.  Thank you.  Angela mccorkle@xxxxxxxxxxx