[RC] moving violations was bc accidents - oddfarm

......... horse moved when she got on.  She started off
back by the front of the gooseneck, and out a bit from the truck--but horse
went forward and sideways a few steps.  Yes, perhaps hard to visualize--but
it happened, nonetheless.  I got a bird's-eye view....  (I've certainly had
things happen as I mount that have caused the horse to move a few steps from
where we started out.

A very knowledgeable horseman said at one of his clinics, "You would be crazy to try and jump into a moving car, so why in the world would anyone attempt to mount a moving horse?" A horse should stay in "park" until you are ready to put him in "drive".
I must say though, he has never been to an endurance ride where everybody is grinding gears :-}

Lisa Salas, The Oddf aRm
I am STILL taking drivers ed.