Re: [RC] Using breast collars on flat trails... - MtnRondi

In a message dated 8/17/2003 10:10:25 PM Pacific Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Yep, with
horses, anything is possible.)

Hey... I  think you can point your finger at any piece of tack and say it has the possibility of being dangerous. I heard about a woman on a pleasure ride with a group of people. They all stopped and dismounted to rest. The horse rubbed his head on her and snagged his bit on her belt buckle and panicked and lifted her off the ground. Luckily there were enough people there to grab him and get her detached before she was injured.

I still ride with a bit and I still use a breast plate.

Bonnie
So. Calif.