[RC] Naming of Squad. - CindiBrown

First of all we want to thank everyone who nominated and put themselves through the rigorous selection process. We were impressed with how well everyone handled themselves and their horses.  We had expected that attrition would help make the final selection of the 18 horse/rider combination squad easier.  However, everyone did such a great job that there were still 32 viable combinations to choose from last night.

Special thanks to the selectors. They did a great job of attending and observing rides and also reviewing the mountains of paperwork including the post ride evaluations that were supplied to them.

It was an extremely difficult task to fill the last three slots.  We had 10 remaining horse/rider combinations of nearly equal prospects to complete the list of 18.  In addition to those that nominated on multiple horses, the horse/rider combination reserve squad is going to be absolutely essential for back up.

In all likelihood there will probably be two or three selected horse/rider combinations that won't make it to Trout Lake due to pasture/trailer accidents, illness, personal or other unpredictable events.  In addition, there are always the unfortunate problems at camp for tie-up, colics, lameness, etc.

We are urging our reserve squad to come and stay with our group.  We have accommodations on and near the ride site for these horse/rider combinations.  Whether you end up competing or not, you are an important part of Pacific North. We will keep you busy, we need you. As an additional incentive, Pacific North is offering to pay ½ of the required uniform cost to only the reserve squad members that show up with horses at Trout Lake.

UNIFORMS:  Uniform orders will be placed tomorrow, August 13th.  You must call or email Cindy to confirm your orders and to give a credit card number for Carousel.  707-433-5571  cindibrown@xxxxxxxx  If busy, please keep trying.

Regards,

Jim Brown Cindy Brown
Chef d'Equipe Selection Chair

Pacific North Zone Squad

Tony Benedetti/WA Absalute "Lou"
Dewayne Brown/Gulastras Splash
Elise/Geske/Ravi Das
Carol Giles/SAR Tiki Stranger
Shellie Hatfield/Shebas
Pat Murray/CR Flash Gordon
Sue Nance/Excalabar
Michele Roush/PR Tallymark
Sandy Schuler/ELO Triton
Marcia Smith/SA Proud Endeavoer
Joyce Sousa/LV Integrity
Kenny Stickler/Ofir me the Wind "Kidd
Dennis Summers/ SHA Ebony Rose
Susan Summers/Raymond Blur
Gloria Vanderford/ BA Dardanelle
Karen Vilander/NYR Crown Royal
Sharon Westergard/ MCM Phantazem "Taz"
Jazon Wonders/Milarepa

ALTERNATES: (Reserve Squad)

Elise Geske/Milarepa
Sharon Westergard/ CR Farazi
Jazon Wonders/Gandhi

Julie Barnfather/Peek-A-Boo
Tom Dean/Flame O Fyre
Randal Francis/OMR Silver Star
Tiffany Leonard/Prarie PK Glenda

April Burton/MC Sinatra
Vicki Giles/Robinhood
Marie Mallon/Zahin Al-Din "Zen"
Susan Summers/AM Humvee

You are all now in the hands of your Chef 'Equipe, Jim Brown.  Please contact him prior to doing any rides between now and Pan Am. His cell no. is 707-484-6071.  He will be working with each of you. Our goal is to have Pacific North achieve a team  medal at the Pan American Championship !!

JPEG image