Re: [RC] Kelsey Grammer and horse death comment - FASTGraphic

In a message dated 8/9/2003 12:19:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mabbott@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< What Grammer talked about was how he had gotten into being a part owner of
some horse, but it didn't perform well enough, and it SUDDENLY DIED on its
way back to where they had bought it from in Ireland.  HE LAUGHED >>

You went on to say that it was no laughing matter.  Well, probably true
enough, and I did not see the interview and comments in question, but I'll tell
you
this:  My wife and I, and a couple of friends of mine sat in our dining room
just last night and laughed until there were tears in our eyes about the day
my beloved Vesper died and the way it all happened when she was put down.  Now,
anyone who knows me will vouch for my affection and connection with this
horse and I guarantee there was no laughter on the day she passed.  But time
tends
to heal the wounds and creative people can usually find a humorous way to
deal with the loss.  Perhaps Kelsey Grammer is an ass or perhaps he has just
found humor in a tragedy.  Not up to me to judge.  I think we tend to make snap
judegements about celebs because they are "familiar" to us - but that is a far
cry from knowing them or their passions or their sense of humor and how they
deal with the private things in their lives.  Next time you're up late, try
turning the TV off and going out to the barn and sit and talk to your horse.
:o)
I do it all the time and I promise it'll be a more intelligent and thoroughly
understandable conversation.
:o)
Scott