Re: [RC] [RC] trailering - Stephanie E Caldwell

Sue

>>Even with two peole outside I still had a hard time.

That makes it a ton harder, IMO! LOL I can back a trailer relatively well, but let someone tell me how and I get frustrated, upset, and can't get the job done. I learned when I was fourteen or fifteen to back all our trailers, we had two at the time and they had to be moved for me to mow the yard. I'm still able to hitch my trailers alone and back just about anywhere, though I pulled a trailer for the first time last week and it was quite an experience pulling something at 55 mph going forward! I tried holding the steering wheel at the bottom, but that didn't get it for me. I'm slightly dyslexic and always back with my left hand on the top of the steering wheel, I can swap hands and back my trailer fine, with my right hand on the wheel I turn the opposite way. Probably won't work for many out there (how many people wear two different colored gloves when riding so they know which hand is which? LOL), but it works for me!

Steph