[RC] urgent question - Kathie Ford

Hi all, just got a phone call from a friend of mine in Hollister,CA.  She needs to find a good horse camp for horses and kids quick.  She is part of the mounted sheriff's unit and search and rescue; they have a group of foster kids they've been working with riding and conditioning horses so they could go to a horse camp.  Back country type riding.

Anyway, long story short, they were scheduled to go into Henry Coe Park this weekend for the camp but she told me it's on fire!  So she is scrambling to find a good horse camp where they can bring the kids.

She asked me about skillman in NC. I live here in Auburn, but haven't ridden out of skillman yet (and our club built the darn trails) and didn't know the facilities.

Question: for those who rode the recent Wild West Ride there do you remember what the facilities were like? I know they have corrals, but are there showers?  That was one of her questions she asked me.  I know there is water.  Also, anyone seem know/remember how many folks were accomodated in the camps themselves?  Did you like them?

Last question:  anyone knowing of any other horse camp that would be suitable for these kids and the adult chaperones please let me know ASAP...would be greatly appreciated.

There are about 6 kids ranging in age from 7 to 13; with about a total of 18 adults.  Horses too, but wasn't told how many.  Didn't know if they'd take turns or not.

Anyway, these kids were looking forward to "backcountry" type riding.

Anything would be helpful.

Feel free to email me privately if you have information!

THANKS!

KATHIE