[RC] XP 2001/2004 LONG - DreamWeaver

Karen Nelson knelson@xxxxxxxxxx
The worst place to do laundry was Casper, wyo. We could only find one laundramat, and when we did it was very large, etc, but I was surprised for a college town that there was ONLY one.

We didn't have that experience in Casper, we went to a smaller laundromat, right next door to a nice Mexican restaurant. There was no waiting. We stayed at the fairgrounds that weekend and asked the locals for directions to the closest laundromat.

Started the ride with 100 foot hose in trailer, 15 foot hose to take water out of tanks, and 25 foot hose which is normal part of camper. We were buying more hose almost immediately, as filling our supplies at gas stations(paying for water-everywhere)

I double checked with Dave before saying anything -- but he assured me that we never once had to pay for water anywhere on the entire trip. We took one little hose with us that I used mostly for draining water out of the containers to fill up the horses water with. I think it was 15' long, maybe not quite. That was the only hose we had, started with it and came home with it. Dave was watering horses on the trail every day that it was accessible and would often go thru a hundred or two hundred gallons of water each day. I am really glad that he wasn't having to pay for it. :+).

I staged my feed in Elko, Casper, and North Platte, as I couldn't carry it all. I was VERY NICELY treated by all dealers.I had to use a rent/storage unit in Casper, but dealers in Elko and N Platte stored pallets for me for free, which included supplies I had with me.

I stuck with using Purina products and pre-ordered everything before I left so it was easy to pick up along the way. Some of them even delivered. I never had any trouble getting hay along the way. I know some riders had brought compressed hay. I figure I went thru a bale of hay and a bag of Complete Advantage or Equine Senior every two days, for two horses. Plus a bag or two of beet pulp and oats every week. They did not like bran.

Karen
in NV