[RC] [Guest] Aussie saddles - Ridecamp Guest

Forgot to do my spell check....ops....Resent....

I love my Aussie.. I bought it some time ago, 4 years or so. I really like
mine. The Company sized it for my mares back and I use a gel pad from Wintec
to help. It cost around $500-600 dollars then. Its a replica of the Sdy Hill
162A Endurance Poley Model. The Australian Stock Saddle Co. sells them. I've
since had two girlfriends by a saddle from Collins and one loves hers and
the other won't order from him again. She likes the saddle, but the
treatment she rec'd from Collins was uncalled for. The saddle the company
sells changes in quality with each shipment I'm sure. Although they say they
sell only the best low priced endurance saddles. Mine was a really good one.
Good leather, good workmanship. I ride mine to death and back and the mare
is very high withered. You can spread the tree with a block the size and
shape of your horses back and put the saddle in a press and resize them.
I've had to open mine some and my girlfriends.

This model I bought puts you in the Dressage position. The poleys or knee
pads are set a little lower to allow posting or just standing up in the
saddle. But it does lesion the security you rec'd from the higher poleys. I
have had a few quick side to side and dead stops and have never left the
saddle. The poleys are a life saver. This all done at speed......... A well
fitted breast collar is a must though. A good fitted crupper wouldn't hurt
either. This saddle I bought is the best lite weight saddle I've ever owned.
It's saved me from hitting the ground a loosing my balance. I own two others
with higher polies. But my endurance saddle is the 162A. The Australian
Connection also sells the real McCoy for about $1,300 plus Dollars. Saddle
pad are available from either company or you can make your own. Non-piling
Fleece or good ol Hospital Felt cut to size and strings to try to the saddle
will do.