[RC] FW: Press News: F.E.I. Emirates Airline Open European Endurance Championships change od date - Steph Teeter

-----Original Message-----
From: Press International Sport Horse Show [mailto:press@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 1:40 AM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Subject: Press News: F.E.I. Emirates Airline Open European Endurance Championships change od date

PRESS NEWS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
26th July 2003

F.E.I. EMIRATES AIRLINE OPEN EUROPEAN ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIPS CHANGE OF DATE

The International Sport Horse Show, who are organising this year?s European Endurance Championship, have today announced that the Championship will take place on FRIDAY 19th SEPTEMBER 2003.  The original date for the ride was Sunday 21st September but, following representations from a number of National Federations, the organisers met earlier this week with representatives of the F.E.I. and the Ground Jury to consider the implications of a change of date. After considering all of the very many issues involved (and not least the fact that the World Young Riders Endurance Championship takes place in Italy the following week) the decision was made in the interests of the competitors and the further development of the sport of endurance to run the event on Friday 19th September 2003.

The full programme of events as far as the Endurance Championships are concerned has now been amended to reflect this change and is posted on the official web site of the event (www.sporthorseshow.com ). The schedule will be posted on the web site on Tuesday 29th July and entries in principle will be required by Wednesday 6th August 2003.

- ENDS -

Lucia Montanarella
Press Officer
International Sport Horse Show