[RC] problem with 4year old - susan graham

I had a problem with my horse when she was 7. She wouldn"t leave the barn to go down the road by herself, we spent a lot time backing up and going forward,trying to avoid the ditches and cars! She would throw tantrums,I used the crop,she would go forward ok then suddenly jump to the side like she was scared-mabey thinking I was going to also get scared and give up! This all changed when I introduced her to trail riding with other horses,then distance riding. Now she loves going in the trailer, and to rides-she usually leads the group instead of lagging behind.My advice is to do things with another buddy horse and rider to show him that "this can be fun"!

Do you Yahoo!?