Re: [RC] Sportsaddle - how long did it take for you to get used to it? - Sullivan

Took me about 2 weeks to get used to it, as you said, because of no
artificial twist
like saddles with trees, the shape of the horse determines the shape of the
saddle.
Your hips will have a adjust, but unless you are physicaly unable to ride
bareback, you
should be able to adjust.

My best advice is to simply try to relax your legs, and just sort of let
them hang.  This
is not a saddle where it is easy to have leg contact, especially if your
have long legs like
me.

The skito pad might help, as it is shaped to the back, but by all means,
diet the horse!

I admit I am perplexed by those ditching the stirrup leathers for English
ones; seems it would
REALLY make the stirrups flop even more than they do!  A full sheepskin or
fleece cover will
help immensely and also help stabilize the stirrups if you get one that goes
to the top of the
stirrup.  Yes, the are slippery, and I cannot imagine riding one that is
both too big in the seat, AND
not covered.

I have ridden these for 10 years, so have quite a bit of experience with
them...and do prefer a snugger
seat and higher pommel and cantle.

Karen