Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 4:20 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] snakes on trail vs turkeys

Yep, turkeys are bad enough...but how about emus?
Near here is a great riding place called St. Marks
Wildlife Refuge where we ride along dikes, with
alligators on either side that no longer startle our
horses when they ker-splash into the water.  There are
also deer, turkeys, otters, snakes and raccoons, just
to name a few of the critters we've run up on.
Apparently, someone got the brilliant notion of
turning their unwanted emus loose in the refuge!
Haven't encountered one yet, but I'm constantly on the
look-out for that thundering herd to bear down on my
poor unsuspecting horse any day.

Esther