[RC] scarey things - Larry Miller

Here is another story.  I was at a ride in the mid 70s.  Someone came over to ask me how to get a horse across a mud puddle.  I don't know why me, I am not that much of an expert on horses or training.  But I gave all the standard answers that I could think of, including just getting off and leading the horse across.  All the answers were 'I tried that, it didn't work!'  I must have looked quite exasperated,  trying to help this person was like dealing with one of my kids.  Going nowhere.  Then the person said, "I suppose it didn't help when the horse was crossing and in the middle of the puddle, a huge pig stood up and scared the crap out of both of us!!"  OMG, I was ROTFLMAO!!  To this day, I cannot cross a mud puddle on trail without thinking of a pig suddenly standing up!!  Jeanie