Re: [RC] 100s vs 25s Both - Truman Prevatt

Amen to you both. It is not that we ride them 100 miles or 50 miles or even 25 miles it's we are out there at all riding them. Let me go with my boots on!  Sometimes I think we loss what is important in all the mindless chatter.

Does my horse give a damn that he got a gold metal, or a gold goblet or a gold star - hell no.
Do I really give a damn if he or I got a gold metal or a gold start - a glass goblet works just as well to drink beer as a gold goblet - hell no.

Do I care that I can go out, get on a good horse and go ride - hell yes.

Sometimes I think we forget why we have horses and why we were drawn to this sport. It's not about the awards, it's not about the T-shirts, hell I have so many I use them to change the oil in my tractor, it's not about the recognition for doing 1000 miles or 1000 miles with one 100 or any the other nonsense that has been thrown around. All of it is BS. It's about the bond between man and horse.

To paraphrase a quote Ronald Reagan stole from Winston Churchill, "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man."  I guess you could substitute woman for man in that quote:-). That's why I ride a horse.

Why do the rest of you ride a horse?

Truman