[RC] Teaching Tailing - Ibiteraaarr

Anyone recommend any good ways to work on teaching a horse to tail?  My horse did really well when I tested him out to see how he'd react to me holding onto his tail while I walked right off to the side of his behind. He's trained to drive and I still ground drive him on occasion so that may have helped, but to tail him I only used a leadshank. The problem is that he keeps turning towards me after a few steps. How do I keep him moving straight and are there any cues I can teach him to guide him without having to use the leadshank at all?

Regards,
Liz and the boys (now aptly called the Three Stooges)