From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Truman Prevatt
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 7:04 PM
To: Bob Morris
Cc: DVeritas@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] declining 100s

It is very difficult - almost impossible to find a 100 miles of trail in the East. The OD is the only one I know of.  It is not only some riders that find the continuous looping in to camp easier - it is ride managers. I doubt if any horse does. No out checks = fewer vets = lower cost, etc. Of course with the lack of riders I sure cannot blame them. I would much rather leave for the day only to return when I finish. I guess I am getting a bit particular in my old age.

The thing that may be an issue with dwindling 100's is people don't like to ride 40 miles of trails 2 1/2 times. They might like to have a diversity. Unless there is some other reason, e.g., FEI - why spend many hours being bored on the trail? End it a 50 and get on with the party. Once you have seen something - why see it again.

Good point Bob,
Truman

Bob Morris wrote:
One thing missing, at least in this part of the country is the fact many of the rides had between 75 and 100 miles of trail. Now so many rides have loops that are shorter and are repeated. To me, and I am sure many of the older riders, this is boring and tedious. A deterrent to the longer rides.

Bob

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID