Re: [RC] Building a base - Dyane Smith

Jeannie, could you describe what you did to "restart" him?

Jeannie Gillen wrote:
Best example and poor clue.......he used to trip and stumble a lot.....I had several farriers shoe him several ways......I adjusted my tack (even sent my OF saddle out to have 3 inches cut off, thinking it was too long for his short back)
Tried special cues, clicks, stepovers, logs, jumping rails, anything to get him to pick up his feet......He did it all on cue and then out of nowhere, would drop to his nose.....until I "restarted" him and taught him to balance himself and me
under all circumstances....... hasn't tripped or stumbled in 3 months...