Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 9:33 PM
Subject: [RC] Building a base

Hi all,

      There have been a lot of very good posts mostly on the physical aspects of preparing a horse for endurance but one needs to also consider the mental state of the horse as I am finding out:(  My new 9 year old Arab mare is physically ready to do a 50 but no way mentally.  So I am going to forget endurance for a while, sob, sob and start her on competitive trail rides and do more pleasure rides with groups for as long as it takes.

Judy Etheridge
Sunol, CA