From: howard9732@xxxxxxx
To: ndrorydr@xxxxxxxxx, AERCMembersForum@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
Subject: Re: [AERC-Members] 100s
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:44:42 -0400

Ha, the name of the beer is Bishoff Pils; has a picture of a monk on
the label.  22 years since I last drank one and I still remember it
well.  Good luck finding it.

But, hey Tim, I'll tell you what.  Find a case of Bishoff for me,
and I will attempt a 100 miler.  I can even tell you where you get
it.  Anywhere near Ramstein AB, Germany, about an hour southwest of
Frankfurt.  The Air Force, she was berry good to me.  Before the Air
Force sent me there, I had hardly ever in my life touched a beer.
haha.

I'm not worthy to really comment about the 100's, since I don't have
the desire to do them.  Lots of reasons, but number one is the
horse.  I worry too much.  50's are darn tough, and I don't remember
one 50, when I was done, where I wanted to go out and do another
loop.  Not a one.  And, I start hallucinating around 40 miles.  I
start seeing naked wimmen and, some of them talk to me.  Any 100
miler, female, who knows this would not want to ride anywhere near
me when that sort of thing starts happening.   I see me doing a 100
as a lonely, bleak existence (kind of like my life, lol, jk).

Plus, I've seen what some of the 100 milers look like at the end of
their journey.  If I get in a good nap after a 50 I'm usually awake
when ya'll come in.  It ain't a pretty sight.  I've seen some
wimmen, who were probably prom queens in High School or College,
look like remnants from a Steven King novel, after completing a 100
miles on a horse.

A 100 scares the crap out of me!  I won't lie about that, it's only
my opinion; means absolutely nothing.  But, for a case of Bishoff, I
would make the attempt.

cya,
Howard (wondering if Tim has a current passport????)