Re: [RC] Big Horn Heroes - DVeritas

In a message dated 7/15/2003 7:05:58 AM Mountain Daylight Time, db8ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My fellow MRER team member rookie
Kathy
>Bearpaw was attempting her 2nd fifty and was with my other  MRER team
>member, Cindy Collins when Cindy lost her stirrup.  Kathy helped Cindy
look
>for the darn thing and by the time they had decided that they wouldn't
find
>it, Kathy would be OT as well. That, to me, is sportsmanship.  Kathy
>actually blew her own ride to help and then stay with a friend. I sure am
>glad to have her on my team.

Kathy Bearpaw was awesome.  She and SunRay could have easily finished the 50 and that thought just disappeared when Cindy needed help.
    Mary Burgess' group changing their 100 mile efforts to help Connie Gray was about so much more than racing/riding a 100.  Great and admirable!
    Awards for that kind of behavior aren't given out at post-ride, slap-on-the-back breakfasts, that's for sure!
  LAUREN STOCCHETTI and DENNIS HERMAN were two of the phenomenal pit crews working HARD at the Big Horn Rides....another VERY hard ride to pitcrew.
    They absolutely made my and Tonk's day (and night) possible.  Wouldn't have happened without them!
    I sure have a new appreciation for LAUREN, BIG WHITE DODGE PICKUP TRUCKS and VANILLA CREME'S!
    ----Frank Solano