[RC] Big Horn Results - Lauren/Gary

Subject: Big Horn Results

I am not exactly sure of the order of finish but these are the results:

Big Horn 100
15 starters, 11 finishers

Tom Noll, BC
Terry Dye
Ona Lawrence
Pat Murray
Dorothy Sue Phillips
Mary Burgess
Kate Burgess
Phyllis Arnold
Linda Black
Regina Rose
Frank Solano

Kathy Arnold had a slightly lame horse and was pulled at 37 miles. Mark
Dial
was also entered and ended up with a metabolic problem at 50 miles.  Horse
is AOK now.
Cindy Collins had the misfortune of losing her stirrup and leather walking
her horse up Cedar Canyon. After looking for it to no avail, she had to
continue on to the next vet check, mostly on foot. It is pretty impossible
to ride up and down canyons with a missing stirrup. The real tragedy of
the
day was for Connie Gray.  Somehow she and her horse parted company.  As I
heard it first hand, Connie was unconscious for a brief period and another
rider, Lisa Cook, went after Connie's loose horse.  Connie's horse was
determined not to be caught and Lisa gave up chasing him, checked on
Connie,
and continued on to try to get some help for Connie.  As I understand it,
the group of Mary & Kate Burgess, Phyllis Arnold and Dorothy Sue Phillips
came upon Connie and got her up on Mary's horse and walked with her to
where
I was waiting for my riders. They went on to finish the 100!!!!
I got Connie into my truck and brought her to the vet check. She will be
OK.
However, her horse is still lost in the vast Big Horn mountains.  When I
left on Sunday they had hired a helicopter to try to locate her missing
horse.
This is not a good place for a tacked up horse to be lost.
I pray that they are able to locate him soon.

In the Big Horn 50 they had 11 starters and had 5 finishers.

Bud Arnold was first.
Not sure of the order of the others but here they are:
Maureen Jewell
Jolynn Maynard
Cindy Wagner
Lisa Cook

Dale Lawrence, Tammy Abell, Charles Abell, Patrick Freeman and John Lakso
were all pulled for OT at 37 miles.  My fellow MRER team member rookie
Kathy
Bearpaw was attempting her 2nd fifty and was with my other  MRER team
member, Cindy Collins when Cindy lost her stirrup.  Kathy helped Cindy
look
for the darn thing and by the time they had decided that they wouldn't
find
it, Kathy would be OT as well. That, to me, is sportsmanship.  Kathy
actually blew her own ride to help and then stay with a friend. I sure am
glad to have her on my team.

There were only 4 entries in the 25. Again, not sure of the order of
finish
but they are:
Linda Beck
Erica DeVoti