Re: [RC] 100's - Annie George

Yes elevators would be great.  Yea,... That 25.........  NW is a long ways for me, but when I can do a multi day its worth the drive. interesting that the comp rate is higher for 100's than 5 days. Annie
Anne George Saddlery  www.vtc.net/~ageorge
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2003 12:29 PM
Subject: 100's

>  I really think that more 65's and 75's would help. It is a mental block
> for allot of people to leap from 50 to 100.

Annie, if you want to do 75's the NW region seems to have a lot of them --
I counted 18 on the ride calendar this year, and they also have three 80
mile rides.  They seem to offer the most variety.  There are only 3 75
milers in the W region, there would have been more but those rides were
cancelled.

I think it would be nice to have an elevator from a 75 to a 100.  That
would be good, you could ride the first 75 miles and then if you think you
feel up to it, go for the last part, you know the 25 miles that everybody
thinks is so easy to do <bg>.

A few years ago I ran a bunch of figures on riders and horses who were
going to multidays and doing 100's, and found that you have a much higher
chance of completing Tevis or any other 100 than you do of completing a
5-day ride. Personally, after doing 5-day rides on the same horse, I don't
view 100's as the same challenge anymore.  But that's just me, I still love
doing all the distances and enjoy every ride for as long as it lasts :-).

Karen
West Region