Re: [RC] All Terrain boots - Lynne Glazer

Recently I snagged the slightly used ones off of the endurance.net classified for $55 including shipping, and have given them quite the test. The gal who sold them did so because they were a half size too large. This pair are a half size smaller than what I've worn with other Ariats.

Besides running a bit large, they have a huge toe box, yet a narrow heel (I can wear SmartWool socks in 'em in 100 degree heat and not have the sensation that the boots are too tight!)

The ultimate test was today, a 3 hr ride in our gnarliest hills, where I was off of the horse to find trail at least 4 times. VERY secure on rutted rocky trails, even while jogging.

They have been through a whole bunch of river crossings, lawns covered with dew, and withstood post-ride horse rinses without showing any signs of distress or letting the water through.

On the second day I wore them for the 13 hrs of History Channel/Hopkins shoot in the desert dunes, and wasn't the least bit footsore.

They are "mids", if you need a lot of ankle support these aren't your boots. If you need a rigid forefoot, these are not recommended, they are quite flexible, more like running shoes.

Lynne