Re: [RC] Tell Your Story - Stephanie E Caldwell

Bette,

Wow, thanks everyone. You guys really lifted my spirits, this has been a
tough week for me.

I can't believe a doctor who has not as yet even been able to pinpoint a
disease would make such an incredibly stupid statement that you will not
see your children grow up-- if you even have any---- woah!

He's thankfully not my regular doctor, just happend to be on call last time
I had to go see them. Did learn that I have great bone density from him. LOL
I got kicked on the shin and with all my other problems decided it would be
wise to go and make sure I hadn't damaged anything permanently. I didn't put
that statement out there to get sympathy, just to make a point that none of
us, however young or old are promised tomorrow. Whether we live in a little
box wrapped in bubble wrap or compete in high risk sports responsibly.

First of all, there are a lot of diseases that make one feel like they
are dying (CFIDS) being one-- yet one doesn't die. I know because I have
it and with the help of a great neurologist/endocrinologist have been
able to abate my symptoms.

My main Doc suspects either Lupus with spinal involvement or MS. I kidding
tell my riding buddies I have EPM. LOL One of the scarriest things to me is
all the drugs that they put chronic disease suffers on. Off all the Lupus,
MS, and Rheumatoid Arthiritis people I've met the ones that are doing best
didn't go the medical route, instead treated with herbs.

We haven't even gotten to the matter that breakthroughs are being made
every day. You haven't seen that caddie give up yet, have you. We're
only months away from a cure for cancer, from what I've read.

There's a cure being sold out of the Bahama's that I've used on a pet with
great results. She had Basal cell carcenoma (? spelling) tumors on her face.
We had them removed and biopsied twice, the third time she was given the
herbal cure and her tumors fell off within a week. My vet was shocked, he
told me she didn't have much hope because of her, at that point I'd owned
her for 15 years, and she wasn't a kitten when I got her. She died a few
months later of a Penicillin OD, but she was pretty much healthy at that
time other than typical old cat stuff!

Yes, go for your quality of life, but don't start picking out burial
plots yet. One of my students when I was counselor for the disabled at a
community college in CA told me that when she was in a car accident, she
remembers the treating doctor telling her mother she would be a
vegetable. When I first knew her, she was walking with a cane--- by the
time she finished her AA she no longer needed that--- and was she
bright. I could tell you other stories as well--- suffice it to say that
there is only one person who knows for sure when you should stop buying
green bananas and I haven't heard of Him doing any funeral pitches down
here.

People are amazing creatures, we can overcome almost anything we put our
minds to.

Thanks for the encouragement,
Steph