[RC] Hopkins Creek - Larry Miller

I cannot wait to write of my experiences this weekend.  I met Deanna!!  I met her Thursday evening about 10:30 PM when I heard this faint voice with a waving flashlite, ask "is this the camp?"  There she was, on her mare, with the sad story of how she was stuck with the trailer and truck on the way into camp!  After I made sure she wasn't going to start bawling, I started telling her that I was going to give her her very own stupid sign!  Due to traffic delays, she came into camp in the dark.  Not good, when one has to drive down a sand almost 2 track for 2 miles to get to the horse camp.  The flyer said to follow the arrows to camp.  To be honest, I probably should have said to follow the forest camp signs with arrows to camp.  Well she took those directions literally.  Came to the split, saw the horse trail arrow, missed the forest camp sign, and drove her rig down the narrow, twisting hill where she hung up her trailer on the side of the hill!  If it had been daylight, she would have seen the tunnel of trees she was driving thru but she didn't.  We got her truck and trailer out, but none of us got to bed much before 1 AM.  And I am glad to say, that her trailer is in for repairs, her horse is at our place which she will never want to leave so maybe I have another distance horse, and she will be back up to ride with me and pick up her trailer.  And she finished her first 50 endurance.  But I will let her tell her own story.  And not to pick on her too much, the 60 yr old twins in daylight, made the same mistake and took their rig down the same trail!  They have 4 wheel drive so they got down the twisting hill, unloaded, rode into camp and called for help!  Hubby drove their rig out with no problems but some dents in the fenders.  Lots of blond moments that is for sure.  Jinny and mom were there too and I am glad to state that Julie mooned no one!  Deanna did get her stupid sign at awards, she was a damn good sport, and I guess RM will mark that no turn with a huge sign in ORANGE that says NO HORSE TRAILERS for next year!  LOL Jeanie
PS  remember all the 'to do' about stallions?  Well Deanna's mare was surrounded by at least 2 stallions and there were NO problems.  All stallions on trail were very well mannered too.