[RC] Hopkins Creek - Larry Miller

To answer Jinny.  We had about 75 entries for both days.  Not the biggest ride (over 90), but big enough to more than pay the bills.  As for the old lady riding safe and sane comp, but you know I call it enduro comp - Jean's way, Maggie, my horse not Mieske, with Melissa as rider took 400 out of 400 on Sat and on Sun 398.  Mags and Melissa won both days.  That damn mare likes her better than I!  I rode the 6 yr old, figured out to shorten my stirrups, wow, what a difference.  We finished both days of 25s too, and I was finally so relaxed on young spook head that I sang, SANG, SANG!  All of my favorite songs, none the less.  Use your imagination, Jinny, you KNOW what I sang!  Oh yeah, Rowdy and I placed 4th and 5th.  Not bad for a young horse just beginning his distance riding career.
Now this is my story and I am sticking to it.  I know I said Rowdy is 15 hands, too tall for me to climb on easily.  Gene sticked him and gleefully announced that he was maybe 14 hands 2 inches, maybe.  But facts is facts, I have shrunk an inch, Rowdy's legs are at least 2 inches longer than Maggie's legs, so as far as I am concerned, it seems like he is 15 hands!
As for Jerry Fruth.  Bring your fishing gear next time Jerry, Hopkins Creek is one of the best trout streams in MI.  He was crying because he had no fishing gear.  And today I caught an almost 10 TEN pound WALLEYE!  So my advice is this to Jerry, bring your gear, come for more than a couple of days, and then you too can fish Saginaw Bay with hubby Larry.  And yes, I will be sending a picture of my HUGE HUGE HUGE fish to Jerry so he can rant and rave and drool.
As for Deanna and Salina, they make a good pair.  But Salina has been telling me that she loves it here in our pasture.  She adores Rowdy and follows him everywhere!  And Deanna, you wouldn't hurt so bad if you had moved out just a tad faster.  Walking always makes one hurt more than any other gait!  LOL Jeanie  PS  Pam the RM is in charge of the paper work.  I get to ride now at Hopkins Creek instead of run it!  YEA!