Re: [RC] Endurance Reality Check - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

Frank,
You are absolutely right on one hand. You all have a brilliant sport, wonderful people participating, and fantastic places to ride. Those are the things that drew me into Ridecamp to learn about endurance in the hope that we could have all of that here in Egypt, where we have the horses in vast quantity, we have fantastic places to ride, but we don't have the sport. Having seen how little it takes in terms of the wrong inputs and influences to totally ruin the situation in Egypt, you DO have to watch over and safeguard your sport, but you shouldn't let the safeguards take over. The best safeguard of all is keeping money out of the sport as much as possible. The cash that flooded into "endurance" in Egypt turned a fun activity into a source of income, and I hate to think of all the horses that have died in the pursuit of the cash.

Maryanne
in Cairo where a cool, forested path would be MOST welcome.