[RC] Endurance Reality Check - DVeritas

    I gotta ask the question...
    Am I missing something?
    I've been to three fifty's in the last three weeks and all I saw was a bunch of riders and horses and folks seeming to enjoy themselves.
    I ride in the Mountain Region.
    One of the rides was pretty big (100+ rigs) and the other two were well-attended.
    With all of this talk of horses dying, electronic chips for identification, cheating and treating, , I'm wondering why some folks would want to ride endurance at all.
    If I was a newbie, I know I would be wondering that.
    Certainly, a well-informed dialogue regarding the serious topics being discussed is a good thing, but from time to time remembering how beautiful this sport is can help us all focus on what is truly important.
     And I know, none of us want to hurt our horses....so keeping that in mind (and at the forefront of that mind) why don't we all just pretend we're riding on a cool, forested path talking and exchanging ideas rather than beating each other up with them?
    Not Intentionally Wanting to Sound Like Rodney King,
        Frank