[RC] TO JOHN PARKE - Linda Hedgpeth

Subject: Re: [RC] Horse Fatalities, Part Two
First of all, the AERC doesn't respond to single incidents except to handle
them as protests if they are properly filed.  The Protest & Grievance handles
each protest on its merits on the facts placed before by the parties to the
protest.  The P&G Committee doesn't make policy; that's the Board's job.  The
kinds of actions people have been talking about from the AERC Board on horse
fatalities are more general things like better reporting, tightened up rules, and
improved education and research.

Second, you are just plain wrong on your facts.  You referred to two horse
death incidents at rides.  The horse death at the NASTR ride was filed, then
withdrawn, then refiled and then withdrawn.

WRONG!!!!!   YOU wanted me to rewrite my grievance because YOU didn't like the way it was worded.  YOU asked me to submit another check WHICH I DID.   Finally after months and months of nothing..............no word from you or anyone...........the following spring I emailed you to find out what was going on with the protest.   YOU WROTE ME BACK AND SAID YOU LOST MY CHECK AND PAPERWORK!!!!

I knew nothing would be done when I sent both checks (certified return receipt) and I was right...................oh...........I guess you did *something*.....................your office managed to lose it...............how convenient.

Linda Hedgpeth