----- Original Message -----
From: "Annie George" <annie@xxxxxxx>
To: "Susan Garlinghouse, DVM"
Hi Susan, Thats intersting. I knew a couple of really old horses that had
been fed it all their lives, nevar a problem. But I have often wondered
about that point of sandpapering the gut. I personaly only feed it during
fly time, and not allot of it. I don't depend on it for worming. Cuz I have
no way of knowing for sure, unless I do fecals. I just do Zimectrin.   I
wonder how much each day that poor colt got? Do you think that could make
the diference? I have seen people give way more than recomended. The idea
that allot more is somehow better.  I do know it kills flys and fly eggs in
the poop, fed or sprinkled. I know the dairys feed it and allot of bird
places do to. They even put it in grains to be used for human foods to keep
bugs out. and the DE goes into our flower and stuff to. Hum, Interersting
thoughts.  Annie G.