[RC] 25 miles for green horse too much? - Angela and Ron Lewis

I wanted to ask experienced horse people a question regarding riding a very green horse and though this would be perfect the perfect place to get good answers. A club in this area is hosting a 25 mile ride.  The only horse I have to ride right now would be my 4 yr old VERY green broke mare (one trail ride and arena work only).  I know several people going and they say they are going to be walking and having a slow fun outing. I would love to go but don't want it to be too much on my girl.  The trail will be all flat with lots of water (to drink) and grass.  There is no time limit. I was thinking about just walking the whole thing and hand walking some myself and taking all day to do it.  I am thinking of doing it but if she seems tired or anything I can just quit I just don't want to overstress her in anyway.  I am thinking it would be such good exposure for her and get her some trail experience.  What do you think?    Angela